Upcoming Events: June


Hi blog visitors :)

In June there are a couple of opportunities to catch me and my art, and I must apologize for being quiet on my blog... the news is we have moved, because we have purchased a house! hooray! :) As a working artist I am grateful for every one of my collectors because you have helped us get where we are along with tight saving and living on the cheap... there is still a lot of work and growing to do but we are very excited to do it. And there will be new studio pics coming soon!!

But back to June art stuff...


June 6th is the opening of the Vagina Monologues and the Pollard Theatre in Guthrie - I have been coordinating to have art on display by Marilyn Artus and Pineapple Rag Multimedia Art, and I will have a piece or two there as well. Marilyn Artus does some amazing feminist pieces utilizing embroidery and mixed media and Pineapple Rag will be showing new work in her breast print series. I am really excited that both of these artists will be joining me and agreed to show their work alongside this important production. 

June 13 is the Pancakes and Booze Art Show at the Farmer's Public Market in OKC - this is a 21 and up event with a $5 cover. I did one of these shows in Dallas and had a BLAST- body painting, music, and lots of free pancakes. This show has traveled all over the country to LA, Portland, NYC, New Orleans, Austin, and more, and it is making its debut in OKC with more than 50 artists. At these events you can typically find artists near their wares or enjoying the festivities or live painting, and all sales are directly through artists. I will be able to take cash and credit/debit cards for payment processing, and at the last PnB show did an interest-free lay-away arrangement on a very large piece, and I am always open to that sort of thing on my larger works (look for more info closer to the event on this in a separate post).

Also (since it's on the cusp!) the beginning of July... I will be part of a group skateboard deck show with Brass Bell Studios (collaborative show they are doing with Tall Hill Creative)- I am really excited about this one too, because I just picked up my deck and it is beautiful, and I have never done a deck show, or even painted one before! Embracing this thing head-on :)

That's the scoop for June... I have some new paintings in the works and some specials advertised on my social media so head over to the Facebook page to learn about them or take advantage of those goodies while they last! 


Comments