New Painting: Metamorphosis (nsfw)

Metamorphosis
by Amanda Christine Shelton
20x20 inches oil on canvas
2014 \ inquiries to email


"Metamorphosis" is another figurative piece completed recently, with a woman in a bubble and cicada-esque wings forming from her back. I have been following NASA on Instagram and many of their photos have inspired me to incorporate more stars and cosmos -type imagery into my darker backgrounds... we really need to get out and watch a meteor shower soon.

She is not the first being in a water drop or bubble I have painted but she is the most human... and I have enjoyed working the the fantasy elements. Most of the photos I have taken have all turned out a little light and I am still working to get a perfect color match to the original- this is truly one to see in person.

**Also a reminder I am having a special sale through the end of March on select paintings, you can view them here. 

For more figurative works and art, please visit my website.

Comments