Sneak-A-PEEP!

Last week I filled in for some teaching artist helper/volunteer shifts for the OKC PEEPS program- Paseo and Edgemere Educational Partnership Spectacular - After School Art Program.  This is a program for for the Edgemere Elementary kids in my neighborhood, just down the road from me, where students get to spend their afternoons for three weeks working with different teaching artists on creative curriculum and projects that result in final art pieces. Many different mediums are explored from painting to sculpture in a positive environment. They later show and sell the works of art in their own art show in the Paseo District on First Friday!

The teaching artists I assisted were Nathan Lee (Inclusion in Art) and Behnaz Sohrabian (of JRB Gallery). The kids were great and I had lots of fun.
the kids are making self portraits with paper/tissue/magazine

the start of an intriguing face! It was fun to watch the creative process
from this point of view... 

While I am not a teaching artist (yet?) I am scheduled to instruct some very casual Paint n Sip style classes in OKC for another business for the last week of March- and I have posted those details on my Facebook page here, or you can follow this blog by email or RSS for the coming announcements.  

To learn more about the PEEPS program, check out their Facebook page.


Comments