Red and Paper.

Last night I dropped off my painting for the Red Dot Art Auction which will be held November 9th. This is IAO's large annual group show featuring work from over 90 Oklahoma artists, and proceeds fund arts programming for Individual Artists of Oklahoma throughout the year.
Another artist commented "scary!" when she saw my piece, so I hope that is good. or emotive or something. either way polarity is not a bad thing, and par for the course in my style ;)  I was very happy to be invited to have work in the show again and I hope you'll come out and see it, and bid or purchase something while you are there to support Individual Artists of Oklahoma.

My Red Dirt Gallery show has concluded and I am pleased with the space and everything they did for me, and some new commissions that came out of it. I grabbed my smaller paintings from First Edition Cafe and Espresso Bar and was surprised that even with the construction downtown around the library, I managed to sell a couple of pieces!


A small drawing I did of my husband when he was sleeping (unaware)
back before we were married....sometime in 2007.
This coming Monday also happens to be our first wedding anniversary...Yay! The bipartisan-independents-with-opposite-eating-habits have not killed each other so far...haha. This weekend and Monday will be for fun celebrating stuff. The first wedding anniversary is traditionally the "paper" anniversary so our gifts are books. I could use more good papers though, so I am not thinking paper is a bad gift right now.

There are a few tentative things set in motion for November, so I hope everything will work out. I am readying images for prints on the new oils, and planning new paintings for 2013. And soon I will have new goodies to show you here!














Comments